‘I-PROTECT incorporates fire detection tubing, pressurised with a revolutionary fire extinguishing agent.
Electrical malfunction and auto-ignition of combustible materials due to exposed heat are known to be two of the most common causes of fires. The electrical equipment most frequently involved in ignition are electrical wiring, panel boards and switch boards, transformers, generators, lighting and cords or plugs.
The most significant aspect of preventing electrical fires or combustion fires in confined spaces is early detection in order to not only mitigate the risk of injuries and fatalities, but also to minimise equipment damage as far as reasonably practical. Due to the restricted and congested nature of small enclosures/ rooms containing electrical equipment or ignition sources, early detection of ignition or flames is difficult and unlikely.
The I-PROTECT low pressure automatic fire suppression system is a direct, quick response system. The system consists of fire detection tubing, pressurised with a fire extinguishing agent from a fire suppression cylinder. The tubing ruptures when exposed to specific elevated temperatures and then suppresses the source of the fire almost immediately.
Typical applications of the I-PROTECT system include, but are not limited to the following:
- Server racks and rooms
- UPS racks
- Battery charging bays
- Electrical distribution boards
- Transformer units
- Engine bays
- Switch gear
- Any enclosure containing high-value electrical and electronic equipment
” I-PROTECT systems are supplied in convenient ready to install cylinder and tube kits “
I-Protect Heat Sensitive, Linear Detection Tubing:
Pneumatic, detection tubing is available in activation temperature ranges of 80 -110 oC and 150-180 oC. When used in conjunction with I-CAT I-Protect Systems, it offers a highly reliable detection and system activation methodology.
The I-PROTECT low pressure automatic fire suppression system consists of a cylinder, detection tube and accessories kit.
CYLINDER KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING MAIN COMPONENTS:
- Supply unit (fire extinguisher cylinder with syphon tube)
- CLEAVOS 1230 fire suppression agent
- I-PROTECT cylinder head adaptor
- Pressure relief valve
- Pressure indicator
- Cylinder bracket
- Low pressure switch
- Associated fittings
The detection tube kit, available in lengths of 5m, 10m and 30m, includes the following main components:
• I-PROTECT linear fire detection tubing.
• Associated pneumatic fittings.
The supply unit comprises of a fire suppression cylinder and a syphon tube, available in capacities of 1kg, 2kg and 5kg with respective syphon tubes. The cylinders are filled with and pressurised with nitrogen up to a pressure of The required capacities and tube lengths are selected on a case-by-case basis through a risk assessment conducted on the equipment to be protected.
Cleavos 1230 fire protection fluid is a non-flammable non-hazardous, clear, colourless liquid with low odour. Cleavos 1230 is an environmental friendly agent which does not contribute to ozone completion. It has an atmospheric lifetime of approximately 5 days and a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1 (IPCC 2001 method).
‘Minimal to no collateral property damage’
The I-PROTECT low pressure automatic fire suppression system will ensure:
• Minimal to no property damage due to the fire detection tube having a high sensitivity to temperature changes.
• High system reliability due to the its pure pneumatic functionality and independence from a power source.
• A decrease in the number of false alarms.
• That high risk components in constricted/confined spaces are protected due to the flexible nature of the fire detection tubing.
• A safer working environment for personnel due to the low pressure system design.
• Lower installation and servicing costs due to the functional simplicity of the system.